Your support is vital to help us provide and sustain services for the hundreds of women, men and children who have experienced domestic and sexual violence in West Lancashire.
One easy way to give is to click on the Donate Now button below and follow few simple instructions.
You can make a one off donation or set up a monthly direct debit that will come directly to us.
Make your cheque payable to West Lancashire Women’s Refuge.
We welcome donations of gifts at any time of the year. You can donate new/un-used gifts by passing them into ‘The Liberty Centre’ Park Road Ormskirk.
Gifts of toys, presents & festive fayre are especially welcome at Christmas time and can help ensure Christmas is a magical time for children and young people who will be spending it in the refuge.
Why not ask friends & family to help you to put together ‘Welcome Packs’ for those families coming into the refuge. (Containing New PJ’s, for both women & children/young people, tea, coffee, tin/dried food, toothbrush & paste, comb, hairbrush, deodorants etc.)
This is one of the most valuable ways you can contribute to our vital work. Writing a will is an important decision to make. It can be one of the most important steps in taking care of your family’s welfare. It can also provide you with an opportunity to consider leaving a donation to support the work of your chosen charity and leave a lasting impact.
If you choose to leave a donation to West Lancashire Women’s Refuge your gift can help change the lives of the many women and children we help each year in our work. Donations left in a will to charity are free from inheritance tax. Please contact a solicitor for advice. If you have already made a will, you can add to or change it at any time.
Our Fundraising Promise
We are members of The Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) self-regulatory scheme. The FRSB works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise.
- We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise:
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
- We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us, visit our website or see our Annual Report if you require further details.
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
- We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or cease
giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
- We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
- We Are Accountable
If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the FRSB to make a final adjudication